Professional Indemnity Insurance for Engineers

Engineers cover a multiplicity of disciplines. There are a number of professional bodies that cover each type of Engineer and these include The Institute of Acoustics (IOA), The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IME), The Institute of Structural Engineers (ISE), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE). In addition, there are bodies such as Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE), Electrical Contractors Association (ECA), NICEIC and the Engineering Council.

Some of these professional bodies set requirements for their members to hold or maintain professional indemnity insurance for engineers cover, others have no set standards. Most engineers find that they are required to hold and maintain cover to comply with contractual requirements such as collateral warranty agreements or as a contractual condition. The need for cover is obvious and most professional engineers recognise this. PI Expert understands the wide range of work that professional Engineers can be contracted to perform, and knows that the risk and contract size can vary greatly. We will help you find the best insurance package for your practice or business that is fully compliant with regulatory requirements.

To obtain a no obligation professional indemnity insurance quotation, simply download and complete one of our Engineering PI proposal forms. Alternatively, send us a copy of the insurance proposal form completed for your existing broker.

If your insurance policy is not yet due for renewal, register your interest now and we will arrange to contact you prior to the renewal of your current policy.