Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)

There is no requirement made by the CIBSE for most of their members to hold or maintain professional indemnity insurance cover at any level. However, the need for such cover is obvious and most professional engineers recognise this.

Members who are accredited as Energy Assessors are required to have adequate professional indemnity insurance for the work done. CIBSE will ask for a copy of the company’s Professional Indemnity Insurance certificate.

In addition, most engineers find that they are required to hold and maintain cover to comply with contractual requirements such as collateral warranty agreements they are being asked to enter into as a condition of being awarded new contracts.